Saturday, July 20, 2013

Drop Danish using Bisquick!

I have been using this recipe for over 20 years! I am not sure if my Mom and I first found it in a magazine or on the side of the Bisquick box. It is one of my to go to recipes when my sweet tooth is getting the better of me and I want something that is quick and easy.

You will need:

2 cups of Bisquick or any other mix of this kind
1/4 cup of margarine or butter, softened
2 Tbsp of sugar (I use 1/4 cup, don't hate me!)
2/3 cup of milk
1/4 cup of preserves or jam


1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or baking pan.

2. Mix Bisquick, sugar, margarine, and milk together until a dough forms. You do not want to make sure that all of the Bisquick is completely mixed, it is ok to have a few dry round pieces in the dough.

This is what mine looks like after I mix it together.




3. Using a spoon drop the dough onto your pre greased pan about 2 inches apart. I can usually get 6 on a pan. Using the back of a spoon form a well in the back. Make sure that it is not so deep that your Danish will break when you remove it from the pan. Place a spoon of your jam or preserves in the well.

4. Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
(Sorry about the pictures my hard drive is going out, nothing is working quite including photo editing)


 
Glaze Ingredients
 
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp warm water
1/4 t vanilla
 
Mix together in a bowl until the mixture is smooth. Drizzle with a fork over each Danish after they are cool.
 
 
As you can tell they are a big hit in our house!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment