Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Boys Tank Top Free Pattern!

 
Check out what I found today! In sizes 12 months to 5 a free tank pattern from my favorite children's designer FISHSTICKS DESIGNS ! I am already lucky enough to own a few of her fabulous patterns for my two boys who are 4 and 7 and wear a 5 and an 8. The patterns are easy to follow and include a complete tutorial with pictures that I definitely need sometimes. She will also answer any questions that you have by email. Yes I have emailed her before and her response was extremely quick and easy to follow.
 
I have created t-shirts and pants from her patterns and the boys love them. They have been extremely fun to personalize. My latest creation of her Inside or Out Pocket Pants have superhero (Avengers!) fabric for pockets.
 
I check her blog often for design and sewing tips. Her blog is one of the only that I have been able to find that not only features amazing everyday patterns for boys but does this from infant to size 12. Most sites that with pattens for boys seem to stop at size 5. Great while they are little but you are left out in the cold once they start school.
 
You can only imagine my excitement that she is offering a free pattern for tank tops! Just in time for the weather to change and meet our expectations need for Spring! Last week we enjoyed balmy temperatures in the 70's, kids playing outside, garden planting, barbecues, and in general sitting outside to enjoy the sun. The pattern can be found on her blog or at the above link which allows you to save the pattern to your computer to use when you need it. I think this would be a fun way to recycle adult tshirts and using felt create superhero characters or small motifs such as Mom's Catch of the Day with a little fish.
 
Have fun coming up with creative uses for this pattern!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment