1. This link takes you to three amazing patterns that you can download for free for a woman's swimsuit. These include a one piece with a scoop neckline, a one piece that is strapless, and a one piece that has a lower cut on the thigh almost straight across. These patterns are based on a size 10-12 and do not include construction instructions (rhymes!).
2. Next is a cute two piece that has a free pattern and tutorial. Reminds me of the bandeau style top.
on Sew Mama Sew. In depth tutorial included with beautiful pictures. I love the retro vibe of the bandeau top.
3. An adorable one piece that uses your measurements to draft a pattern perfect for you. I love the pattern that she used for suit, cute for any figure.
4. Here is a cute do it yourself two piece I love the twist on the top.
5. This pattern isn't free like the other but for the low price of $3 and the success rate of this suit I thought it was worth including. This isn't the easiest pattern so I wouldn't recommend it for a beginner but someone comfortable with sewing straight lines and ready to move to something new to test their skills this would be perfect. Clicking on the link will bring you to the pattern, instructions (11 pages! to make it easy), and pictures of suits other have made to give you plenty ideas.
1.Girls one piece with adorable ruffle. Includes pattern and tutorial along with suggestions for finding fabrics and supplies. She also includes a tutorial for you to make your own pattern if you do not want to use this one.
2. The next one is a free pattern remake for boy's swimming trunks. These are in size 2T-3T and include a link for a pants/shorts pattern. But following the tutorial you could make these from any shorts or pants pattern you might already have. Or pick up a pair of shorts in the right size at the thrift store take them apart and make your own pattern.